100 Duporth Avenue, Maroochydore
We operate with the understanding that it’s the communities in which we develop that afford us the privilege to be in business.
FAQs From The Community
Development Applications (DAs) can either be code or impact assessable and both require a development approval. A code assessable development application is a proposal that is generally anticipated and generally complies with the City Plan and zoning of the area. These applications are not presumed to have an overly significant impact on the surrounding area and do not require public notification under the planning scheme, so they can be assessed relatively quickly. However, it is our belief that engaging with the community remains important to ensure that the local residents are informed of what is occurring in their neighbourhood, and have access to information that explains what is proposed. This in turn provides an opportunity for the community to engage with Mosaic if they wish.
- Residential offering
- A high-end artisan café
- Commercial-size gymnasium with state of the art equipment
- Sauna, steam room, locker and shower facilities
- Private jetty with ample water craft storage facilities
- Resort pool in lush tropical gardens
- Extensive internal and external private garden zones
- Exclusive concierge services
Avalon is a $84 million investment that will contribute to the significant economic, environmental and community benefits that Mosaic brings to the Sunshine Coast including:
- $94 million of economic benefit to the local economy with $196 million contributing to the construction industry direct and indirect.
- 635 direct and indirect full time equivalent positions, with 380 positions being on the Sunshine Coast that will bring more people to the local area to generate further economic output.
- $33 million in wages and salaries for Sunshine Coast workers.
- 92 housing options that meet the current and future needs of this community based from the forecasted population increase of 2.3% per annum to reach 469,873 people by 2036. By providing housing options for these projections this encourages a sustained growth for my local business/es.
- Creating a destination that enhances the local culture and extends the activity from Ocean Street to Duporth Avenue, in turn incentivising locals to congregate in the area to generate further business activity.
- The addition of a high-end restaurant and alfresco style café for residents and other locals to enjoy. Alongside providing long term small business and employment opportunities.
- Over $1.6 million in infrastructure charges that will positively contribute to the local areas water supply, sewerage, stormwater quality, transport (roads and active transport) and parks and land for community facilities.
What Mosaic’s Neighbours Are Saying
Meet The Project Team
We want to hear from our neighbours, which is exactly why we set up a dedicated community engagement team at Mosaic. We believe it’s important that we get to know your concerns and answer any questions you may have, so please get in touch so we can keep you well informed every step of the way.